This 5-day course is appropriate for those who have either worked with a chromatograph for at least six months or completed the Introductory Gas Chromatograph course. It prepares participants to operate and repair a Rosemount Analytical 700 Gas Chromatograph. It prepares participants to operate and repair a Model 700 gas chromatograph.
• Understanding Gas Chromatography and Gas Chromatographs
• Using the Basic Chromatograph System in Process Gas Analysis
• Understanding Carrier and Calibration Gas Systems
• Installing and Operating MON Software
• Applying Chromatograph Integration Techniques and Post-Analysis Calculations
• Using the Chromatograph to Identify Problems
• Setting Timed Events, Retention Times, and Response Factors
• Starting Up a Gas Chromatograph
• Understanding Sample Handling Systems
• Verifying Proper Operation of the Gas Chromatograph
• Conducting Preventative Maintenance
• Communicating to Other Devices
Students that have at least 6 months experience with Emerson GC's, just purchased an Emerson GC or are seeking a refresher course after having worked on their Emerson GC benefit most from this course. Candidates from non-technical backgrounds should consider taking R4100 Introduction to GC's (for Model 500, 700 or 1000).