Reliability Engineer Instrument Technician Valve Engineer
This is a 4 days session. The first 2-days of the course will cover sliding stem and rotary valves and actuators. Topics will include valve and actuator setup, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
The following 2 days will be focused on the installation, calibration of the 6000 series digital valve controller (Digital Valve Controllers) using the 375/475 Field communicator. An overview of
AMS ValveLink™® Software will be included. Students spend 50% of their time in hands-on workshops.
Students who take this course will be able to:
- Correctly perform installation procedures.
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Change valve trim, gaskets and packing.
- Install and mount a digital valve controller onto a sliding or rotary stem actuator/valve.
- Configure and calibrate FIELDVUE™® Instruments with the HART® Model 375/475 Communicator.
- Cernay Site Visit (if possible).
- Control Valve Terminology.
- Globe Valves/Packing.
- Bench Set.
- Ball Valves; Butterfly Valves; Eccentric Disc Valves.
- Valve Characteristics.
- Control Valve Noise and Cavitation.
- Digital Valve Controller Theory of Operation.
- HART® Communication Signal.
- FIELDVUE™ Instrument Installation.
- HART® Model 375/475 Field Communicator.
- Instrument Configuration and Calibration.
- Instrument Troubleshooting.
- Control Loop Wiring Practices.
- Review – Evaluation - Conclusion.
Experience in instrument calibration and in control valve maintenance, installation, and operation would be helpful.