OV010-WIN is designed to provide students with the ability to efficiently perform routine plant operations using the Ovation™ control system. Key topics include data acquisition, process analysis, and control interfaces. Students will be able to use the tools provided to monitor processes controlled by the Ovation system, and will learn to take appropriate actions to control these processes. This course is intended for all operations personnel using the Ovation system in a Windows environment. The course duration is 2.5 days.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, using the reference material provided, the student will be able to:
• List the major components of the Ovation control system
• Display process diagram graphics
• Use process diagrams to interface with the control system
• Evaluate point alarm conditions and acknowledge emergent alarms
• Differentiate various point types and use the Point Information system to find and edit point records
• Create live and historical trends
• Navigate through control tuning diagrams
• Analyze system problem conditions
• Use system reporting procedures
• Describe the function of Ovation applications icons
• Demonstrate familiarity with menu bars and tool bars in various process diagram windows
• Demonstrate familiarity with the task bar and other Windows utilities