This introductory networking course will provide students with an understanding of general networking concepts, as well as Ovation™-specific network configurations for Fast Ethernet systems. Students will learn the basic networking skills required for general network administration and troubleshooting. Students will also be provided with hands-on knowledge of switch and router configuration for use in Ovation systems. This course is intended for Ovation network administrators, Ovation system administrators, and those wishing to complete the Ovation Certification Program. The course duration is five days.
Prior completion of the OV230-WIN course is recommended, but not required.
Upon successful completion of this course, using the reference material provided, the student will be able to:
• Explore basic networking concepts including the OSI reference model, MAC addressing, TCP/IP, IP addressing, multicast addressing and local area networks
• Implement an Ovation-specific network addressing scheme and network topology
• Define and explore basic network commands
• Define network devices and media, and their relation to the OSI reference model
• Configure Cisco 2600 series routers, Cisco 3550 series switches, and Cisco 2950 series switches for use in an Ovation network (where applicable)
• Configure and implement SNMP for Ovation
• Troubleshoot inter-networked systems with network tools and software
• Configure and apply third-party networking software