This class is intended for those who have rudimentary knowledge of Gas Chromatographs and it is based on a typical Online Gas Chromatograph.
Typical job functions would be Metering or instrument technician/engineer
Overview This is a 2-day course which will cover both operation and maintenance of a Gas Chromatograph.
Prerequisites Knowledge of instrumentation and the use of a computer will be assumed.
• Process Chromatograph Flow Configurations
• Overhauling Valves
• Sample, Carrier and Calibration Gas Systems
• Controller Hardware
• Installation and use of Software
• Setting Timed Events, Retention Times and Response Factor Calculations
• Checking for Proper Separation and Analysing Chromatograms
• Verifying that the Chromatograph is operating Correctly
• Troubleshooting the Chromatograph and Controller
• Configuring Reporting Details and Control Outputs
• Preventative Maintenance Procedures
• Communications and Modbus Registers
• Spare Parts and Tools Required